The Fagerhult story begins at Christmas in 1943. The founder Bertil Svensson - a young electrician - saw his mother struggling with her needlework in a dimly lit room. Bertil designed his own solution to her problem, a floor lamp. It was not only the help his mother needed, but also the first step towards establishing the Fagerhult luminaire business.
With the head office still located a stone’s throw from its origins, Fagerhult remains close to its roots even though it operates in almost 20 countries and has expanded the factory more than 40 times. Emanating from the dark Swedish forest, the importance of light will always be crucial for Fagerhult, and its striving for innovation remains stronger than ever.
Our sustainability promise
To us, sustainability is all about balance and farsightedness; whether that be in production, investment, technical innovation or social aspects. Our own environmental impact is especially important to us and never far from our minds in the development of our products, given that our factory in Fagerhult has both a water protection zone and a nature reserve on its doorstep.
We aim to achieve long-term goals in our five prioritised action areas by 2030. All areas are linked to the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development:
- Lighting Ergonomics - Our goal is to be leading developers of lighting solutions that support well-being and creativity.
- Conscious Production - Our goal is energy-positive production, meaning that we will produce more renewable electricity than we consume. One way we will achieve this is by investing in solar energy.
- Energy Efficiency - Our goal is that all our lighting solutions will reduce energy consumption with integrated lighting controls.
- Pure Materials - Our goal in product design is that our products will consist of at least 80% renewable or recycled materials.
- Empowering People - Our goal is to help transform people’s lives through personal growth and diversity. We will expand our focus on collaborations in which we can spread knowledge and make a difference.
Email ID: [email protected]
Phone number: +971 43 29 7120